Would you like to:
- Train crews in landscape safety with the "Safety Makes Sense" online certificate course. Available in English and Spanish.
- View "Safety Makes Sense" videos in English or Spanish.
- Understand, manage and empower your Spanish speaking employees.
Safety Makes Sense Online Training is designed to help your landscape crews become safer and more efficient in the workplace. This training is available at no charge.
Five steps must be completed under the supervision of the crew supervisor to receive a certificate of completion from the Georgia Center for Urban Agriculture. The video and study guide can be viewed online and do not need to be printed.
- The supervisor oversees the participants at they watch the video. The video is available in Spanish and English.
- The supervisor leads a group discussion and review using the study guide listed below. The study guide can be projected and the supervisor can use the study guide key to help him/her direct the discussion.
- The supervisor prints the evaluation below for employee and the employee completes it.
- Print the answer key and score the evaluation. Participants scoring 70% or higher will be issued a certificate of completion.
- Fill out participant list below, including your company and supervisor information along with the names of participants who scored 70% or higher.
Certificates of Completion for all passing participants will be emailed to the address given by the supervisor.
This training course is also available in Spanish 
These training materials and certificate course are brought to you by the Georgia Center for Urban Agriculture.
This material was produced under grant number SH-19493-09-60-F-13 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
Videos en español
|Welcome to the OSHA "Safety Makes Sense" Online Video Series, presented by the UGA Center for Urban Agriculture. The series is comprised of five short videos, offered in both Spanish and English.||Bienvenido a "La Seguridad Tiene Sentido" vídeos en línea presentados por UGA Centro para la Agricultura Urbana y la Administración de Seguridad y Salud Ocupacional (OSHA). La serie se compone de cinco videos cortos que se ofrecen en Español y Inglés.|
- Safety for Hispanic Landscape Workers 
- Seguridad para Trabajadores Hispanos de Jardinería 
- New Neighbors: A Human Resource Introduction to Latino Employees in Georgia's Green Industry 
- Safety "Pays" for Hispanic Employees, Company Owners, and Extension Professionals Active in Urban Agriculture Industries 
- Reaching the Hispanic "Green Industry" Workforce: Experiences and Practical Tools for Extension Professionals 
- Bilingual Bulletins/Boletines bilingüe 
- SuperCrew Employee Training Videos Online Ordering Site - Ordene los video de entrenamiento para trabajudores "SuperCrew."